Free Booze and Food! January 5th, 2023

Many thanks to Dave and his wife and daughter for hosting. Many thanks also to Gerrit and his wife for the wonderful get together as well.
@Bos en Dal SAFARIS, @mdwest, and @Mark Biggerstaff, and others provided some wonderful door prizes.
It was a great pleasure to attend!

Pictures, please post pictures for those of us who couldn't make it.

My head hurts! :D

We had a wonderful time last night and are so happy all of you guys made it. We ended up with a total of 44 guests dropping by for the evening. It was wonderful getting to meet so many new people and to be able to reacquaint with so many old friends over the course of the night.

Major thanks to all of the door prize donors.. and major congrats to all of the door prize winners.. there were certainly some big smiles in the room each time one of @Mark Biggerstaff leupold product was drawn by a lucky attendee.. Huge thanks to the wife who busted her butt for the better part of the last week doing all of the prep work, and the exhausted herself the night of the event getting everything prepared and laid out on the tables..

I think the party was a huge success, and hope that most of you feel the same..

Looking forward to hoisting a few with many of you again tonight at the AH Dinner...

If anyone has some pics, please post them up.. .I spent the night running around trying to make sure the bar stayed stocked, food stayed stocked, and tried my best to at least spend a few minutes with each guest (Im sure I missed a few of you.. I apologize).. so unfortunately my camera didn't make it out much...

Looking forward to having you all over again in 2024!

My wife got a HUGE boost by meeting our hunting fraternity--so much so that I think she may finally accompany me on some of my jaunts out with friends, especially as I won something safari related. She said, "everyone was so friendly." She also laughed at yall's jokes and stories more than mine...

From my side, thank you to everyone who joined. It really meant a lot to us that you all took the time to come and meet us. To @mdwest and his family we are truely thankfull for your generousity in opening your house to us and the members. Was great meeting everyone and putting faces to the names.

Looking forward in continueing some of our conversations tonight.

See you all

Had a great time. Thank you for the hospitality.

4497BF49-AF78-4398-B476-D20EAE04AC5B.jpeg
C1F19411-0CE4-4787-AE9F-2EFA342AB9B0.jpeg
E1DF0644-1996-40A5-8746-715DCBAB17FE.jpeg
67C7780C-9145-418E-B4B8-7F0D2D404033.jpeg
AEF4BAB0-33B7-4BF0-97C8-9C0DB7DAC3B9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
As a wrap up... thanks again to everyone that attended.. we had a wonderful time hosting such a great group of people.. it was a great way to kick off DSC 2023..

it was equally wonderful getting to catch back up with so many of you the next night at the AH Dinner.. I thought it was very nice to see so many people that attended the party, all socializing and mixing with others that they initially met at our place on Thursday night when they attended the AH gathering at Gilleys on Friday night.. Hopefully our little get together served as an ice breaker and an initial introduction to others, that got capitalized on the following night, and some new life-long friendships have been forged..

Its definitely our intent to host another party the next time @Bos en Dal SAFARIS comes across the pond and get everyone back together again... hopefully we'll see you all back at the house in 2024 :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swizbills

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]