AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
AK WSF, AMM, DSC, GOA, GRAA, NRA, PHASA, SCI, WSF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Argentina, Canada, England, Macedonia, Mexico, Serbia, Alaska, USA
I'm working with Dallas Safari Club on setting up a chapter in the Slidell Louisiana area. Any AHr's in the general area (Covington, NOLA, etc) who might be interested please PM me your contact info. Thanks.

I travel for work to there all the time, will hit you guys up next time I'm in town.

I'm not from Slidell, but when I saw the name I had to look. I was one of the pilots flying that Super DC-3 into Slidell post Katrina - hauling medicine. water, and other supplies.

We made 2 trips a day for about 2 weeks, from Fort Worth to Slidell.

Wishing all of you there the best.

A few years ago, I received notices from DSC about an effort to establish a Louisiana DSC Chapter. The guy trying to get it going was in Metairie, or about 300 miles from me. The East Texas Chapter is in Nacogdoches and that's only 100 miles away. Still too far for me to get real interested.

Good luck, but it will be difficult to reach critical mass from Slidell. I lived in Mandeville for 15 years and I'm not sure there is that much interest.

@Franco that is a sweet bird. I just scored a hangar at KASD, very much looking to getting my bird moved there.

@375 Ruger Fan that seems to be how it’s going so far.

@Franco that is a sweet bird. I just scored a hangar at KASD, very much looking to getting my bird moved there.

Don’t give up. They had an Austin chapter that folded and someone tried to start a Hill Country Chapter that never got off the ground. The South Texas Chapter goes from Austin south to the border. While most events are in the greater San Antonio area, we had one in Kerrville and one in Austin. The annual banquet gets bigger every year with folks driving in from all over South Texas. That said I’ve tried to put together an AH table without success.

I am not surprised, based on the types of firearms and ammo stocked in the local gun stores. Can't find anything above 30-06 save some 50 cals.

We just had a meeting Charlotte this past Saturday as we attempt to establish a North Carolina chapter. We had 8-10 show up. People in the Upstate of SC didn't get the notice or it might have been more people.

@wesheltonj around 20 years ago I helped set up the Austin Chapter of SCI. We had a great deal of interest and ended up with an awesome venue for many years. Certainly wasn’t expecting that level of interest but didn’t expect no interest, and that was working with the existing DSC member list of Louisiana and Mississippi. Perhaps spending time at the local gun ranges with a double will spark some interest.

When the Oklahoma City chapter started, DSC Dallas sent out emails to all DSC members throughout Oklahoma. A group of around 20 people initially met at an OKC gun range and selected officers and board members. Around five of the initial group were AH members, two of which became officers or board members. DSC Dallas also helped with the first chapter wide meetings. Dave Fulson came up as speaker at the kick off event.

It may be good to reach out to headquarters, let them know what you are trying to do. They have the marketing and organizing people on staff to help you coordinate the chapter. I wouldn't be surprised if there hasn't been former DSC/Dallas board members from the NOLA area that would be happy to help get a local chapter started.

All the best in your efforts.

@Wheels thanks. Already done that which is where I got the original membership lists for Louisiana and Mississippi. Actually getting more interest from folks here. If it's meant to be it will happen.

I'm working with Dallas Safari Club on setting up a chapter in the Slidell Louisiana area. Any AHr's in the general area (Covington, NOLA, etc) who might be interested please PM me your contact info. Thanks.
All,

I was part of DSC Louisiana that was formed October 2019. We were working DSC getting the chapter going and even scheduled our first fundraiser in May 2020. We’ll Covid negated that event and our chapter.

I live in Kenner, LA. and would be very much interested in starting the Louisiana chapter again!

@Kudubull sorry the effort was killed off prematurely. I'll send you a PM and hopefully we can get something going again. Thanks

No. Had near zero interest. It is my understanding that the chapter is located in Lafayette. My guess is DSC got the name and location wrong based on the one I tried to establish. That's my guess anyway.

All,

I was part of DSC Louisiana that was formed October 2019. We were working DSC getting the chapter going and even scheduled our first fundraiser in May 2020. We’ll Covid negated that event and our chapter.

I live in Kenner, LA. and would be very much interested in starting the Louisiana chapter again!
All,

I want to let everyone know that DSC approved the DSC Louisiana Chapter a couple months ago! I just came back from the DSC 2024 Leadership Summit in Denver, CO. this past weekend.

Please reach out to me with any questions, future events etc. I look forward to meeting and speaking to everyone moving forward!

Regards,

Chris Perdomo
President
DSC Lousiana
[redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swizbills

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]