Wyoming guy that just got addicted to Africa

Good for you on the moose tag. I hunt cow elk east of the bighorns every year. I have about10 pronghorn antelope points and need more. Til then, I will go to Africa.

I love Wyoming but the non resident licenses and point system prices are too much....

Yeah Wyoming is great as a resident but it feels like we’ve really snubbed our noses at non-residents. More times than not I’d rather hunt with a nonresident than some locals.

Welcome to AH! Glad to have you on board.

Welcome! Glad to have you here with us!

I have made some great memories hunting in Wyoming over the last 40 years. I’m one of those nonresidents that is getting snubbed. I only hunt non guided and in the national forest. 40% of the elk tags given to non residents cost $2000 plus $50 per preference point. And the non resident allotment is only 1/5 of the total allotment of tags. That’s a broken government system. There simply is no for the people by the people in that equation. My focus is now Africa. Welcome to an amazing forum with a wealth of knowledge.

welcome I have family in WYO. Hoping to finally draw my ELK tag out there this year in area 32. Only been 15 years of putting in building preference points

Welcome! I've built fiber from Star Valley to New Castle, Kemmerer to Cody and all points in between. Some of my biggest elk deer and pronghorn are from there.
Good luck in the draws this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KermitBisb

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg