WANTED: Bowhunt & Sightseeing After Christmas

Ryan Wilson

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Illinois, Iowa, Texas, Wyoming, Alberta Canada, South Africa
My wife and I are planning a trip to RSA for sightseeing and bowhunting after Christmas. Plans are to arrive on 12/26 in JNB at 4:30 PM and depart JNB on 1/3 that night. My wife has never been and we will both be bowhunting, however, she has several sightseeing adventures she wants to do as 1/2 day trips if possible.

*Jessica the Hippo
*Pet an elephant :)/Rehabilitation Center
*Hot Air Balloon Ride (If possible)
*Kruger National Park

As far as bowhunting, I'd like to focus on buffalo and bushpig. Possibly baboon, steenbok.
She wants to hunt warthog and blue wildebeest. Possibly Impala and bushpig.

**Depending on time we might add more animals.**

We have inquired about this hunt with another outfit but due to our tight schedules, we'd like to get a couple quotes just in case the other doesn't work out. I will be asking how large the area is we will hunt buffalo on. The larger the better when it comes to game fence.
Thanks, Ryan

Dec-Jan timeframe is smack in the middle of summer in the southern hemisphere, not the ideal time to hunt in RSA. It can be done, but it will be hot.

Not a good time to be hunting Africa. Hot weather, Christmas season & many of the reputable outfitters will be journeying to the US for the hunting shows.

Hi Ryan

That is a very short trip with some diverse requests.

As the other members have pointed out, it will not be pleasant to hunt that time of the year due to the heat.

Perhaps you could get in some fishing......................FWB

Hi Ryan,

I have to agree with the consensus opinion. It's no the best time to plan a safari for many reasons. If there is any way you can postpone to the time frame of May to September, you will have better weather and much better bow hunting opportunities. As a couple looking for a safari vacation, I also recommend getting in touch with @Limcroma Safaris. They do an amazing job combining a safari/ couple's vacation like you are looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielSide

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone