Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru

Attachments

• Hodgdon Powder Company Acquires RCBS Reloading – Hodgdon Powder Company.pdf
    615.5 KB · Views: 13
Interesting. Generally Hodgdon primarily buys either distribution rights and/or brand name ownership. At least, with respect to the powders, the actual manufacturing is done by other companies eg General Dynamics (Florida), General Dynamics (Canada), Thales, etc. Putting aside the PR spin, I wonder if Hodgdon has bought the actual RCBS manufacturing operation or just the sole rights to distribute the products and the brand name. If they've bought the actual manufacturing side, and want to be the operator, then it would be a good thing to see the manufacture of RCBS reloading tools go into the future in the hands of a reloader centered company such as Hodgdon. If its just brand name rights and distribution then expect to see a lot of non-RCBS manufactured gear come forward carrying the RCBS brand.

Interesting. Generally Hodgdon primarily buys either distribution rights and/or brand name ownership. At least, with respect to the powders, the actual manufacturing is done by other companies eg General Dynamics (Florida), General Dynamics (Canada), Thales, etc. Putting aside the PR spin, I wonder if Hodgdon has bought the actual RCBS manufacturing operation or just the sole rights to distribute the products and the brand name. If they've bought the actual manufacturing side, and want to be the operator, then it would be a good thing to see the manufacture of RCBS reloading tools go into the future in the hands of a reloader centered company such as Hodgdon. If its just brand name rights and distribution then expect to see a lot of non-RCBS manufactured gear come forward carrying the RCBS brand.
This reads as full acquisition of the production facilities. This is VERY good news and a natural considering the history of both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EveHindwoo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?