Hippo Broadhead?

Huntforever

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I’m heading to Africa this summer and plan on trying my luck at a hippo. I’m currently researching broadband options for the hunt. I’ve used the Ironwill on other Africa hunts with great success but wanted some opinions on other great penetrating heads for a thick skinned hippo.

I’m heading to Africa this summer and plan on trying my luck at a hippo. I’m currently researching broadband options for the hunt. I’ve used the Ironwill on other Africa hunts with great success but wanted some opinions on other great penetrating heads for a thick skinned hippo.

Are you after a internet provider or Arrow Head for thick skinned game lol ?

Sorry couldn't resist it .

I have shot only lighter game with a bow but guided on a lot Buffalo & other heavy game, my guys use German Kinetic Silver Flame & some use Ashby 315gr in talking to a few others in the know (Steve Kobrine for one) as I was planning some hunts for myself I was advised VPA make some solid affordable heads .

The original German Kinetic or Iron will 250 Buff head without bleeders and a 1000+ grain arrow and BH combo. Flying perfectly straight with zero flexing or porpoising at 20 yards.

Have someone film your arrow in slo mo from a cell phone. You want an arrow stiff enough that it recovers from the release as soon as possible.

No flopping back and forth as it impacts the animal.
You’ll be amazed at the penetration you gain, if your arrow isn’t still flexing as it impacts. All the energy aligned directly behind the broadhead.

With enough bow weight and arrow weight you should get 100% penetration

Iron will buff SB would be my first choice. Having said that I’d look into the tuffhead DG and the Valkyrie as well.

Where are you headed that you can get a license for archery hippo?

I used the Valkyrie system for the Eland pictured here. Call them and they discuss what you need. And will send you a three arrow test kit. They are very strong and penetration is amazing

I am posting a bow travel case for sale if any archers are interested.
IMG_3564.jpeg

. I’m currently researching broadband options for the hunt.
Trying to live stream your hippo hunt?

Starlink is the only option in the bush!

I’ve used Iron Will’s a lot. I plan to use them on my buff hunt this year. Like mentioned above I’d shoot 250 grain single bevels with no bleeder. What arrow are you going to shoot?

Been lurking for a couple of years. This is my first reply. Figured I needed to contribute, not much happens if everyone sits around and watches

Been lurking for a couple of years. This is my first reply. Figured I needed to contribute, not much happens if everyone sits around and watches
bout time you stepped up! welcome. i agree with your broad head choice as a good one. welcome again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNek

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg