Gifts for hunting party

Reaction score
Perhaps a slightly different question, but I could do with some ideas from this crowd

I’m going on a South African hunting safari in July, a number of friends will be joining me. They will not be joining to hunt for themselves but rather as observers to my hunt.

I would like to get them something to remember it by that I can arrange here in the USA and travel with (in checked luggage).

I have thought of an engraved knife or edc knife, or perhaps embroidered caps, fleeces etc- but I’m doubting myself…

Please be budget and weight conscious..

Looking very forward to see what you can come up with!

Custom Von Gruff Knives would awesome -

Last edited by a moderator:
For the skinners ans workers Opinel No7 or 8 folding knives, must be carbon blades. They are really cheap but hold an edge forever.

For the skinners ans workers Opinel No7 or 8 folding knives, must be carbon blades. They are really cheap but hold an edge forever.

Think he talking about a gift for his friends who going with him Kevin....a keepsake to remember the trip....

I like the Von Gruff idea as well. Perhaps a safari or lion knife for each.

Correct- maybe a keepsake is a better term for what I am asking.

Love the suggestion for the skinners though! On one of my previous hunts, the skinner at camp loved my havalon- so I left that with him + some spare blades.

@Mekaniks- lovely knives for sure! Great suggestion!

Think he talking about a gift for his friends who going with him Kevin....a keepsake to remember the trip....
Oh OK. In that case a custom knife, or if these folks have heaps of knives then a solid silver belt buckle from Patrick Mavros. Leopard, trout, croc, Buffalo. You can get the whole belt too.

Many ph’s have T shirts, hats or something similar to sell to clients. I bought my wife an embroidered fleece on our last trip and she wears it often on our outdoor trips. You could check ahead and see if that’s an option

You are all awesome - thank you for the tips and ideas! I will make contact with the PH checking for clothing items, and it would seem that a knife is the favorite! Thanks again!

On four Safaris, I´ve had knives laser etchet for hunters and PH´s

Here´s a sample

IMG_0495.JPG

How about something local like one of those axes made from leaf springs?

I did some Opinel No. 8s for my group - had the handles branded with their initials and the blade engraved with the year.

opinel.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteMcf

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone