Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, DSC, IGFA
Hunted
South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Wyoming, South Africa, Argentina
I don't normally use a service to book flights but I will need to this summer to get to Tanzania. I spoke with Travel Express and Gracy Travel at the SCI convention and both seem reasonable. Does anyone have a recommnedation of one over the other or any positive or negative reviews of either? Is there another service anyone would recommend?

I can whole heartedly recommend Gracy travel. Debbie has a tremendous company that has handled my travels for several years. One of her employees, Gio, took my call from Ethiopia at 2 a.m. Texas time. Ethiopian air had lost my rifles and Gio quickly got involved.

I have used Gracy travel for all 5 of my African trips and Shawn is who I’ve dealt with. There are absolutely awesome. Handle everything very well and without issue. They are who I just used for my trip to Zim this year.

Another option is PWP Travel in San Antonio. pwptravel.com
Patrick has very good rates.

I just used him for a Namibia trip. I have used other services and no complaints but PWP's rates are usually better and he is super responsive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't normally use a service to book flights but I will need to this summer to get to Tanzania. I spoke with Travel Express and Gracy Travel at the SCI convention and both seem reasonable. Does anyone have a recommnedation of one over the other or any positive or negative reviews of either? Is there another service anyone would recommend?
i am a @TRAVEL EXPRESS fan with Jennifer. Having said that people I respect live Gracy. Bottom line you cannot go wrong with either but better use one of them…in Africa anything can happen and if you think you can handle it without their help you are truly asking for pain

Last edited by a moderator:
Both provide an excellent service. I’ve used Gracy for most of my safari’s and they did a great job.

Jennifer at Travel Express is awesome. I don't think you will hear many if any bad reports from either!

Hannah @ Gracy Travel has been excellent to work with. I will definitely use her services in the future. Well worth the fee they charge for their services!!

Shawn at Gracy
Long story short. I was seriously incapacitated 2 years ago while on a hunt with clients. We have a private farm in SA. I basically couldn’t walk. Wife was beside herself, she called them, they babysat me back to the US. Amazing customer service! Bruce Mdluli treated me like family, Pushed me around the airport in a wheelchair and kept personal watch over me, stoned on meds and in incredible pain. Flipping unbelievable service.
Best part, 3 surgeries later, I’m headed back for a month on the 26th! I guess I’m biased, but they’ve handled a bunch of stuff for me since that wasn’t necessarily safari biz and still not a hiccup!
I arranged everything my self for years for my guests and myself, switching over to them has been worth every penny. No headaches, no hassles.
Just my 2 cents. Good hunting!

Take a look at this report. He had some travel issues worth noting.

I went with Travel Express for my May-June trip. Both Jennifer and Darren have been wonderful. I can also say that Darren is very good about followup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwol1f

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)