Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, USA: NY, PA, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, TX, AZ, MT, WY, AK
Looking to get my Duiker shoulder mounted/wall pedestal. Talked to Alpine taxidermy in Fort Worth who imported my heads for me and said $900 and about a year turn around. Any other recommendations in DFW or near by? No idea if $900 is fair or not so trying to get comparisons.

Also, show me your Duiker mounts for ideas

Thanks
Dale
IMG_3943.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't believe when they say 12 months and add at least 6 months to it.
As far as prices they're ridiculous anyway....

View attachment 566522
Wall pedestal on an afrca shaped plaque
The more and more that I think about it I should of had mine done like that, it is a beautiful mount.

For the OP, I don't think that there is a taxidermist out there that have enough help to get the mounts out in less than a year. My local one is 15 month out and his prices almost doubled after covid. That is one of the big reasons that I had my mounts done in South Africa last year and even then it was just over a year before I had them in my hands, but quite a bit cheaper.

The length of time is affected by: time required at tannery; Texas deer season.

Harwell Taxidermy, in Rowlett has done several duikers for me.

These guys are in Decatur.. theyre Kendall Jones taxidermist of choice in the general DFW area… and they did a good job fixing a kudu that fell off the wall a few years ago and doing some work on a gemsbok pedestal mount for me… turn around on my work wasn’t horrible… only about 6 months..

Looking to get my Duiker shoulder mounted/wall pedestal. Talked to Alpine taxidermy in Fort Worth who imported my heads for me and said $900 and about a year turn around. Any other recommendations in DFW or near by? No idea if $900 is fair or not so trying to get comparisons.

Also, show me your Duiker mounts for ideas

Thanks
DaleView attachment 566517

Erik will need to confirm this, but I believe @gizmo makes fairly regular trips to DFW to pick up hides/skulls for his shop. So you may be able to use him without having to make the trip to Amarillo.

Maybe TrueLife Taxidermy in Granbury. I understand that's who Jerry Huffaker is recommending now that he's retired.

Taxidermist was Ben Nielson from Pleasant Grove, Utah. He works alone and surely a two year wait. The bane of being the best at what you do is not being able to keep up with the demand for your specific set of talents.
Was responding to this part of your inquiry-
IMG_8447.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8nplay

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!