Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Daughter’s high school graduation and she has chosen to do a baseball park tour on the east coast. I am thinking to surprise her with some fishing off cape cod or thereabouts. Can anyone make recommendations for me. I am not going but sending my wife instead. Would like to have appropriate suggestions please-
She is a serious fisher person but never been to a coast before-

Are you interested in Nantucket Shoals for fluke? I go 2 or 3 times every year. The problem is that all the 6 packs are chartered. You can probably get a spot with the Helen H group of boats out of Hyannis.
There is also lots of striped bass fishing closer to shore. George’s Bank for cod and pollock is hit or miss but it can be epic if you hit it right. In summer the cod tend to have worms.
An alternative nearby is Rhode Island. Out of Newport you can get on with Capt Pat at City by the Sea charters. An alternative is Booked Off charters. If you don’t want to book an entire boat go with Frances Fleet, which is a party boat.

I used to fish a good bit out of Marshfield area. My brother and Dad have fished recently with Rich Antonino of Black Rose Sportfishing and recommended him. I know he fishes out of various ports in that area.

I was just going to recommend Rich Antonio and Black Rose and I see BSTO beat me to it. I have done a Charter with him the last 2 summers and this guy will find you the fish. He is a lot of fun to fish with too!
He loves to fish for anything and everything, we do Tuna with him, but he loves taking people out for bottom fish and Blues and Bass just as much. He takes 4 guests and it's a highly personalized experience, so he'll cater to what your family wants to do. I will do another charter or 2 with him in 2024, maybe Sharks, maybe Tuna but definitely something!

Hey @Firebird , what parks are they going to visit? I know the people that provide the the grass for Atlanta and used to do Miami until they went synthetic. I could probably arrange a behind the scenes tour if interested.

They are srill planning and plotting. Fenway is the main draw. I think they are trying to see which teams are playing where during that week. I’ll pass your info along and see if they have interest-thanks for the response!

If you haven't been to Toronto, and i works into your schedule, I'd suggest that you look into it. My oldest and I did a few East Coast stadiums and Fenway was a good time, as was Camden Yards but the time we spent in Toronto was great, take the stadium tour. I took all 3 of my boys on that trip. They had really cheap seats available on Tuesdays (IIRC) and they catered to kids and families.

Do be prepared for some sticker shock at the prices for seats, food, beer and parking, NY and Boston especially are crazy high. Have fun!

Reactions: WAB
If you haven't been to Toronto, and i works into your schedule, I'd suggest that you look into it. My oldest and I did a few East Coast stadiums and Fenway was a good time, as was Camden Yards but the time we spent in Toronto was great, take the stadium tour. I took all 3 of my boys on that trip. They had really cheap seats available on Tuesdays (IIRC) and they catered to kids and families.

Do be prepared for some sticker shock at the prices for seats, food, beer and parking, NY and Boston especially are crazy high. Have fun!

The last time I watched the blue jays tickets were $8.

When my wife got one of her degrees her wish was to go to Boston and watch the Red Sox play. We did the duck boats and the aquarium and the firefighter museum, ate at mcgrievies and visited some parks and Harvard. We even did the tea party tour. We did the Fenway stadium tour and her mother paid for some excellent tickets to the game.
It was an educational and interesting experience and largely the basis for this trip, except more baseball and still working on a fishing trip. Have been having good conversation with Capt. Coats at
“Pitboss Fishing” but still working on dates and other etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgareitIcesk

Latest profile posts

Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.