Bowhunting Botswana?

Werty

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Botswana
I hunted Botswana last year, my family and I are planning to go back next year. Unfortunately last year I was unable to take my bow do to a medical issue. We were in Botswana in May.

I'll be hunting around Ghanzi. When is the best time to hunt the area. I'm primarily after kudu ( I understand rut is in April). My concern is foliage, when are most of the leaves off of tree and shrubs? Im going to ask my PH, but I would like to hear from people that have bowhunted there before or around there.

I don't know why leaf density would be concern for bowhunting? I'm familiar with the area around Ghanzi. IMO, if anything more leaf density in the Kalahari scrub would be an advantage for the bow hunter for still hunting or spot and stalk. In reality most bowhunting is likely done sitting in a blind at a waterhole. Then hoping for a close enough shot and the luck of the animal not jumping the string. Given that reality, just look at going toward the end of the driest/ hottest season to shoot a desperate one coming to a waterhole or pan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrestonPem

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!