Best Taxidermy for leopards in Houston and Dallas Area?

Those are some amazing mounts!! I really appreciate all the feed back as well.

Does anyone have the contact information for Daniel Meg?

My suggestion is let the Africans do it. They do it all the time
They might do them all the time but the materials they use are different than what we have in the states and in most cases sub standard. If I’m spending the equivalent cost of a new vehicle on a single animal or hunt, you better believe I’m having the best materials used on it.

Several of the taxidermists I’ve had do mounts for me stateside have given me updates, sent pictures as they’re working, called saying we need to change this or that because of how it was skinned, or the hair is better on this side so let’s turn it this way. These aren’t things most African taxidermists will consult with you on.

Lastly, if there’s an issue or I don’t like something I want to make sure I’ve got some recourse. Good luck sending something back to Africa to have someone fix something or do something they forgot. I know multiple people who’ve gotten other peoples animals and mounts back from African taxidermists. Again if you’ve got an animal that represents a $30-50k hunt I want to know what’s going on with it, and have some semblance or control both during the process and if I don’t like something about the mount.

I have a leopard hunt planned for this July and looking for a taxidermist that goods really good leopard mounts. I would appreciate the help.
There's a valuable lesson here for everyone. Find the best taxidermist you can. Cost becomes irrelevant. I well.mounted trophy is a source of pleasure and pride forever. Bad taxidermy is ugly and a source of embaresment until you get.rid of it or move it to.the attic. What do you want to look at?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyH

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.