A cautionary tale - Traveling with ammunition in luggage

Few years ago I travelled with friends to Namibia. At the departure airport (Munich), we protected with sellotape the locks of the rifle cases. The idea was to prevent accidental opening due to hits.
The remaining sellotape was in someone backpack, small and light enough to be a legal hand baggage.
When leaving Windhoek the security officer confiscated the tape roll.
It seems that some explosives can be shaped like a wide sellotape, but I doubt that they can be reduced to the same thickness.

its defiantly not enough to get them arrested, but i am not gonna blame all of it on the authorities.. making a trip of sort should be prepared for. there were just uninformed and i feel that's why this is happening

This happens in MX all the time. I’ve seen it twice. One was an American desert sheep guide from AZ. It took a lot of money to get him out of MX jail. I think it was $13k.
Yep, knew a mobile boat mechanic who did a job near the border, and decided to go eat dinner in Mexico, lost his truck , tools everything, and spent 2-3 weeks in Mexican jail .
I never drive in to Mexico without spend A few days cleaning every nook and cranny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohitgupta

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg